Why Vision Therapy Might Be Right for You
Did you know that there are some vision issues that can’t be solved by glasses or contacts? For both children and adults, Vision Therapy can be a fantastic pathway to both better sight and an improved quality of life. Even if you have 20/20 vision, you might still find yourself struggling with certain aspects of your eyesight, meaning that you could be a perfect candidate for Vision Therapy.
What is Vision Therapy?
Think about a time that you’ve injured yourself while playing sports. Did you have to go to physiotherapy? In the same way that a physiotherapist may have helped retrain your injured leg or shoulder to get it back to operating at its full potential, Vision Therapy can train your eyes (and your brain, by extension) and help give you relief from a wide range of different visual and neurological issues.
Vision Therapy treatment plans can vary greatly based on your individual needs, but always work to improve the relationship between your eyes and your brain to make great vision as effortless as possible.
How Does Vision Therapy Work?
Vision Therapy works by helping your brain communicate more effectively with your eyes, giving you more refined vision with a greater level of comfort. Using a combination of different visual activities and games, Vision Therapy can help train your eyes to see the world a little differently! These exercises help train your mind and eyes to work together and cooperate to give you better eyesight with fewer issues.
Whether you’re having trouble in the classroom, at work, or on the soccer field, your vision is important in guaranteeing your success. Vision Therapy might be just the solution that you’re looking for to help alleviate some of your most frustrating visual issues.
How Can Vision Therapy Help Me?
There are many common issues that can potentially be resolved through Vision Therapy for you or your child, including:
- Eyestrain: Do your eyes feel tired out after using your computer or smartphone all day? Experiencing blurred vision, exhausted eyes, and difficulty focusing after prolonged screen time is an all-too-common problem nowadays. If practicing the 20-20-20 rule (looking 20 feet away from your screen, every 20 minutes, for 20 seconds) doesn’t seem to be enough to help you out, then you should definitely think about how Vision Therapy could give you some relief.
- Headaches: Do you suffer from frequent headaches for no apparent reason? Although we can’t always pinpoint exactly what is causing our headaches, if you suspect that your pain may be caused by your eyesight, then Vision Therapy might be a good option for you. Sometimes a communication breakdown between our eyes and brain can result in your head feeling a little overworked – and understandably so! Vision Therapy will help your eyes work smarter, not harder.
- Reading Difficulty: Do you or your child have problems while reading? Sometimes difficulty reading can be caused due to the eyes not being able to properly relay information to your brain. With proper training, the complex connections between your brain and eyes can be improved to allow for a free flow of data, resulting in better reading skills.
- Lazy Eye: Do you or your child have a lazy eye? Sometimes, great results can be achieved for lazy eyes through Vision Therapy instead of having to resort to surgery.
- Learning Delays, ADHD, and Dyslexia: The ability of our eyes to cooperate properly with our brain has a massive impact on the skills that are critical to effective learning like reading and writing. In certain cases, vision problems can actually be mistaken for the symptoms of ADHD and Dyslexia. With proper vision therapy and a thorough visual examination, you can better understand whether you’re experiencing one of these disorders or suffering from pronounced vision issues.
- Hand/Eye Coordination: Do you or your child have difficulty playing sports? Lots of physical activities heavily rely on great eyesight. Without proper visual coordination, your performance can suffer and make some really great sports unenjoyable or unplayable.
Do you think that Vision Therapy might be the solution that you’ve been looking for? Book a consultationwith one of our talented Optometrists today.